The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus (Democratic Party) invites highly motivated applicants for Deputy Field Director positions for the 2020 election cycle. The ideal candidates will have experience running voter contact efforts and be creative problem solvers and strong communicators. These positions will report directly to the Field Director.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
- Execute a comprehensive statewide field plan within assigned Field Organizing Team
- Hire, train, coach, and manage a team of Field Organizers
- Create a professional, enthusiastic, and inclusive work environment and culture among field staff
- Work collaboratively with Field Director and Deputy counterpart to implement clear, realistic, and ambitious goals and objectives for Field Organizing staff
- Motivate and empower Field Organizing staff to meet door knocking, phone banking and volunteer recruitment goals, which includes a strong commitment to lead by example
- Submit regular qualitative and quantitative reports to the Field Director
- Clearly communicate needs, problem areas, and successes throughout the campaign
- Other campaign related tasks and duties as assigned, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, our members, and our candidates
- At least one campaign cycle of field experience or equivalent organizing experience
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder including turf-cutting, list-making and data assessment
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and demanding but fulfilling environment which includes evening and weekend hours
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellence-focused
- Sound judgement and political savvy
- Must possess a laptop and valid driver’s license along with access to a reliable car
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through Election Day in November, 2020. The position will be based in St. Paul, MN.
Compensation is $3500-$4500 per month depending on experience and competitive benefit package is included.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected].
Position is open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning March 15, 2020.